Sunday, March 24, 2013

Help on Insys WV2251ELQL - Ubuntu Drivers

As I wrote on my previous post I have a new latptop with Ubuntu (from retailer), but I had a few problems..... But they are now solved, and I hope that this could help other that could run into similar problems.

After updating the kernel on my new laptop Ubuntu 12.04.2, I realized that I lost the drivers (not in kernel) for:

- Wireless
- Card Reader

After some investigation:

- lsusb returned me the wireless hardware 0bda:8723 Realtek Semiconductor Corp., and I figured out the this new card don't have drivers on realtek site yet, but I found this page around...

http://askubuntu.com/questions/139632/wireless-card-realtek-rtl8723ae-bt-is-not-recognized

Just follow the How-to on how to download and compile the driver and instalation, it will work fine... 

If you want to upgrade your computer maybe you should download this stuff first, or you will end up just like me with a cable close to the router....

- lspci returned me the card reader hardware Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device 5289 (rev 01).
As before this drivers are not on kernel, however, this is an Ubuntu reported bug which as a solution.
Just surf to :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/udisks/+bug/971876, and follow this instructions to execute in command line.

wget http://planet76.com/drivers/realtek/rts-bpp-dkms_1.1_all.deb
sudo apt-get install dkms
sudo dpkg -i rts-bpp-
dkms_1.1_all.deb
echo 'DRIVERS=
="rts_bpp", ENV{ID_DRIVE_FLASH_SD}="1"' | sudo tee -a /lib/udev/rules.d/81-udisks-realtek.rules

After that you need to reboot and the card reader will work fine....

Linux is not hard, and I try to make it easier for everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Made in Portugal